2016 m. birželio 16 d., ketvirtadienis

Today I need to find a bug

Today is Wednesday, nothing very specific about this day, day like any other. But there will be one different - I will try to specify that I am doing to find bug. This week regressions are ongoing, I will step away from that for a little bit to find unrelated bug for the system.
While still on the way to work I need to think about place which is critical or highly important to whole system. "Product" is one of the main things for system. A lot of changes can be done to it, it is used for sales, reports, inventory management. Whole product depends on "product" to work properly (strange sentence, but self explaining). So I will focus on that.
One new setting was implemented for "product", to make it non-returnable if disabled. New stuff maybe more vulnerable so this maybe one of area's to focus. Now I am trying to use my knowledge and error guessing technique. This is my most used techniques then I am testing stuff.
I worked with this feature from front-end part, so I will try to find issue on part I wasn't involved in testing, back-end.
Founded issue faster then I expected. Bug was in "product" import. For easier management "product" has import, to deal with huge amount of them. For importing xls file is used, most of fields have possibility to use three states - with data, empty field and no column. With having all this knowledge I just need to check it. 
So if field is imported as empty(null value) - importer is unable to handle this case and incorrect error message is shown. Bug is registered, required info, file and log is added.
It was to damn easy. I fulfilled my task, but it wasn't challenging. Need to find other bug. Same target - "product". I should use other approach, not error guessing. 
Well everything went not as expected. Now is week later from previous paragraph - where I wanted to find another bug. That day I started with my ordinary tasks and founded myself week later without bug I wanted to find. So nothing to share about that and I want to touch other topic. So closing this post with defect, which will be founded later.

Your friendly neighborhood Tester



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą