2016 m. birželio 3 d., penktadienis

View of the bug - Support

First person who receives all the hate from customer about system issues is customer support employee. First line of defense who handles all the issues and complaints about software and all systems overall. I don't even need to guess, I know how they hate bugs from customers.
Not so long ago our company started hire support in my country and office. Quite fast office became full of people. Just couple of month passed and I started to see faces of disappointment and eyes full of sadness. Yeap, I am trying to sound more dramatic, but this is really close to reality. Hours of taking with crazy customers, dealing with they lack of knowledge and ignorance. And they also had to handle bugs. All this work makes this job tough.
Not so long ago I was witnessed of horrible accident. I am not sure about roots of issue, but I will try to explain as it was explained to me. Front-end application had its end of expiration date. And just couple of company heads knew about it. And one evening app stopped working for hundreds of clients. What I heard about situation, that there was about 45 customers for every support employee waiting in line to be connected. Hundreds of angry customers were that day (or night, depending on region, for me was night). And workaround was not that easy – time had to be turn back for 24 hours, clients database saved, app deleted, new app installed and database uploaded to new app. And it took some time ti figure this out, and to do this procedure for every calling customer.
Then I came to the work next morning – I felt like I was responsible for this issue, eyes full of anger and faces totally exhausted looking at me, and asking crazy question in which I didn't had answers. Later, after several chats I started to understand horrors of that night.
So back to view – it is easy to guess that they do not like bugs. They had to deal with same bug over and over again. All design issues and things that was not thought through making they work even harder and time consuming. But they had to deal with that, it is they work and if everything would work perfectly, they would not be needed. Sometimes I feel responsible for some issues I left not tested, but it is not about me. (Part 2 of N/A)

Your friendly neighborhood Tester.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą