2016 m. liepos 29 d., penktadienis

Living through time


 
   Thing which never change is changes. All the time, everywhere, everything is changing. About hundred year ago just first planes started to take off and now days basic travel can't be imagined without flying (technically You can imagine or travel different ways, but it is not the point). In my childhood computer, even a console, was rare thing, but now consoles, tablets and other stuff is daily basis, and it is hard to imagine a day without it (and again, You can, but still not the point). And Yesterday I had phone with old Android version and now I have with new, and I had to adopt to changes. Extra amazing features!

    Adopting to changes is like drinking water, you can live without it, but how long until sugar will brake You?
 
   Maybe my personality is helping me or maybe I just don't care much, because seems like I quite easily adopt to changes. Going from slow boring and repetitive work to fast and challenging, was the best thing. From Windows to Apple (still work related stuff), from Jira to Bugzilla. Every change is fight for survival. Live or die. Or better – finish project on time or postpone release, get the newest  updates or live with crappy old version.
 
    Then I had job interview for current job, I got a question – "It wouldn't be a problem to you to work with Apple products?" and in that moment this question was strange for me, and my answer was similar to this – "of course not a problem, I could work with anything, just give me some time to learn". At that time I didn't know how people sometimes stuck in one place.
 
    At conferences, other blogs and books (at least which was recommended to me) often topic about "changes" comes up. And seeing all the things around me, I sow that. That strange thing. Even in my self. How changes are not accepted, struggling in same environment, with same issue without doing something. And I see myself, with broken screen, several years old phone. Which is lagging and crashing, often restarting without any reason. And problem is not money, it is avoiding changes.
And while I am writing it, looking around and I see all the stuff which should be changed. Adopting changes is hard, even harder then it affects Your life, like - start to make coffee from different beans, or buying new clothes because old ones was taken away (hope You are getting idea... that this is not about what it is). 

   And now Your are thinking I will gave life changing suggestion what to do. Well... No. I don't know what to do, somebody sometimes say they know and they do stuff, and I will leave it to them. I love to have eggs and bacon every morning, have same phone and same job and no changes in my daily problems. But I also love to get new projects, challenges to defeat, dragons to kill or pokemons to catch. Not much about testing, not much about life (this is not that I thought in the beginning and not such end i wanted). Well... hope next time more about testing.

Your friendly neighborhood Tester





Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą