2016 m. rugpjūčio 12 d., penktadienis

Forgot to add title...



   Started writhing three different blog posts, but can't finish them. So why the hell not to write fourth about how I can't deliver... Well this happens from time to time, and this time I planing to finish about how not to finish.

   Delivering something sometimes is a pain in the ass, and You can do nothing about it. Some time ago I had to write automation tests for website, where they were using so much on-live generated popups and other elements, that with my skills, for that time, I just couldn't write normally looking tests with expected behavior. I was struggling for couple days, at some point I was even thinking about just quitting that task.

   And in the end - I did that. Wrote horrible, unusable tests, which didn't reach expectations. Give them and never looked back.

   Now in my work I come to this very rarely, most of projects are delivered, sometimes on time, sometimes to late, but final product is prepared. In my blog writing experience – I often write same post over and over again, until I found equilibrium, and often I write myself to the corner, and then I just left several paragraph to sink in to the depths of drafts.

   Before I had and some different experiences – like I mentioned several posts ago about Why release should be postponed. And that is not bad experience. Sooner I know I'll fail, sooner I can start to take an action. After several not finished posts, I can just leave that idea, and took other one, or sooner I see that my project is going to fail, I can inform everybody that some actions need to be taken, or if I see I'm failing in my work, sooner I can leave and find new one with still good looking CV.

   I guess everybody hates failing, not finishing or loosing. Even seems the best ones fails, like my country swimmer in Olympics, everyone were expecting medal from her, but she finished second from the end. Well, last example doesn't go with my main idea, not finishing race and running away from upcoming fail can't be compared. I wanted to finish with great, uplifting example about finishing, but failed to do that. Ideas in the head didn't aligned correctly.

   Didn't want to post this crap, but skipping this one would lead for not delivering by my schedule,  so heck, who cares, maybe next time I wouldn't fail again....

Yours friendly neighborhood Tester

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą