2016 m. balandžio 21 d., ketvirtadienis

Just don't believe me

Training helps to achieve better results in sports. It helps to get better in math, write better stories. It's like - more You do, better You become in it. So testing shouldn't be exception. Testing muscle should be trained. And this muscle is not a single continuous mass, but it is made from bigger and smaller parts. Which should be trained in different ways. And training must go all the time.
Sometimes when testing huge things, small bugs starting fade out in in whole picture and they are missed. Like double 'in' in previews sentence. Other times if to much focus is putted in details, huge things are missed. Grammar is checked in text, but incorrect font is missed. Or there are better examples, but idea is the same.
This perspective thing always affects work, and often is helpful to step back from that You are doing, and after brake come back to it and new things will come up. At least for me it helps. If I work on something for a longer time I start to ignore some issues, which are not directly related to my project. But if I take a brake, for example weekend, then I start to work again with same things, I see everything more clearly and register more not related issues, which should be fixed not in my project scope.
Same thing happens with regressions. Huge scope, a lot of things to test. Starting to work carelessly. Miss some things. And it went to client, and later, this should be fixed and tested anyway. But often my conscience doesn't let to leave not registered issues. It is better to register and close it later, than see how people are struggling with this bug in productions.
Started with training, now writing about brakes. Not that I was thinking in the begging. Back to training - I like watch and comment on movies, my fiance hates it, so I doing it in my head. I started to like reading, and writing. Trying my skills there. Like to check grammar, which is hardest thing for me. Reading test related books and found flaws there. Listen to people and how much crap sometimes they are talking. Playing Sudoku. Seems like not important things, but they help in testing.
See patterns, questioning everything, and don't believe anybody are the keys, which keeps mind straight. Like a nice quote from the MD. House poster which is hanging on my wall - 'It's basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.' And it helps. Never believe in developer who is saying that the issue is fixed. Test it. Otherwise it is not fixed, if not tested.
So about everything and nothing at the same time. Hope ideas was not to much messed, if it was just don't believe me! Find it out Yourself.

Your friendly neighborhood Tester.




Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą